Tuesday 28 October 2014

Interactive Prototype #3


For this final prototype I wanted to try to make the game a little bit more dynamic. I felt I needed to add something that would make the game more interesting. Also due to the multiplayer aspect of the game, I wanted to make it more enjoyable (more competitive) and really get the users engaged with the game. So for this I tried a feature I wasn't entirely sure was going to work, but one that I felt was worth a shot.

The new feature builds upon the existing Tic-Pac-Toe game and essentially means that after a player captures a square on the board, the player's pacman stops moving forward until the player completes a minigame. All this takes place while the other player can continue to move around the board (until they capture a square). The mini game works as a sequence of key hits. So everytime a player captures a square, a sequence of 5 random keys are chosen from the player's movement keys (A,S,D;J,K,L). So this new feature works like the following:
1. Player captures a square.
2. Player's pacman stops moving
3. The player's first key hit appears on the right hand side of the screen.
4. The player must hit the correct key to move forward through the sequence of 5.
5. If a player mishits a key in the sequence, the sequence restarts.
6. Only when a player completes the sequence without a mishit will their Pacman's movement unlock.


I feel this system of gameplay might improve the multiplayer interactions and make the game more likely to go either way. Skill becomes so much more a part of it and I think that's really important.


I've tried to keep the other dynamics of the game the same, based on the feedback from previous prototypes. It'll be interesting the see the feedback for this idea especially compared to the old system.


No comments:

Post a Comment