Saturday 16 August 2014

Week 3 - Video Prototypes

When we first told that we were going to have to create a game mashup, I immediately thought of a great game called Pacxon which was a really fun spinoff off Pacman. It took me very little time to see how I could incorporate some of the same ideas into Noughts and Crosses. I actually arrived at my idea of Tic-Pac-Toe very quickly but took a lot longer to more fully work out some of the details (many of which I still haven't decided on.) I set to work on putting together a rough design for Tic-Pac-Toe.
Once I had a general idea of what I was going to do, I sat down and tried to work out how I should interact with the game. I needed something special and unique. I sat down and discussed it with a few people and the idea that kept cropping was the idea of a floor pad that you ran on in order to control your pacman. This is my favourite idea so far and what I'm going to prototype I think. It'll be interesting to get feedback on my video, and see what people think.

No comments:

Post a Comment