Saturday 30 August 2014

Special Report - Video Feedback

My video prototype was released a little while a go and since then I've got a bit of feedback from the prototype that I am now comfortable to share. I was trying to gauge the general reception of the video and whether or not people thought it looked like fun.

Initial Thoughts
People commonly said straight away that it seemed like a good idea when pushed for why they thought that though, they were less than helpful. It was like they were having trouble describing their reasons for being interested in the game.

Does it look like fun?
Again people thought it did look fun and were actually quite keen to test it out. I have been asked a few times when I would have it ready. I followed up on these people and asked them what they thought looked like the funnest part of the game. They overwhelming mentioned the multiplayer aspect of the game so I think this is what I will focus on with the continuing development of the game.

What didn't you like?
People were confused with the running aspect of the game, specifically how you would turn left or right. This information was left out of the video. Some were also concerned the game might be exhausting. Personally, that's what I want something that requires a bit of effort.

Final thoughts?
I asked people about where they thought I should move the project forward. Most people said they liked the basis of the idea, but didn't really understand the specifics because the video didn't really mention them. This is true, but also the intention of the video prototype. I didn't want to lay features or specifics out from the outset only to have them change dramatically. I was looking for the intrigue factor and I'd say I've found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment