Saturday 27 September 2014

Interactive Controllers

I borrowed the Makey Makey a few days ago and since then I've had a lot of fun playing around with it. The first thing I did was hook up a bunch of bananas to my computer and played super mario. I got some of my friends playing it and they were hooked. The thing that most startled me was the responsiveness of the system. I thought that touching bananas would cause some sort of lag but it's practically instantaneous. It certainly opens up a whole new world of possibilities in terms of the kinds of high speed games that could be controlled with the makey makey.

I'm currently building some game pads to be used with my game and am looking forward to putting them in action. The idea is to have players run on the game pad to run forward. This should be interesting and I'm hoping it will be exciting. I'll make sure I film the prototyping of the game so that you can see how people will play the game. When I get something workable I will test with a bunch of alpha testers to see how they respond to the game controller as a way of controlling the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment